This marks the 500th post on this weblog. It seems fitting that it’s exactly 6 years to the month from when I first started writing this crap on the web. This didn’t really start as a weblog as we now know it, but it still had the same idea. I’ve even still got an old version living here. I admit that 500 posts over 6 years isn’t the most impressive posting rate, at about 1 post every 4 days. But I guess it adds up.
Some of the highlights from the past few years…
- The Miss Shady Saga of course
- Drawing Elephants, which is one of my oldest and most successful posts (according to Google)
- Cycle Messenger World Championships ’03, and the video (mov)
- The short-lived series of “I like my…” jokes, which are probably due for a revisit
- I still love looking through the photos from Spain and Petra, Jordan, and remembering those visits.
- And certainly not least: Jed’s rendition of Informer is still pulling in about 400 or 500 hits per month
It’s pretty fun browsing through my old posts, and having those things documented to varying degrees. They start out when I was still in school, and then through 3 jobs, various locations, quite a few trips and activities, and back again.
Here we are, and here’s to 500 more!