A few things I've learned during this heat wave (or every summer, for that matter):
* It is hard to sleep when you stick to yourself.
* At least three cold showers a day are helpful.
* Long, shaggy hair does not work in hot weather.
* Short haircuts feel nice.
* Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day is a godsend.
* Ice cream tastes wonderful.
* Ice cream also melts faster than you can eat it.
* My computer produces enough heat to cancel out my fan.
* Fans don't do jack.
* Lethargy is directly proportional to heat.
* They are both inversely proportional to motivation.